Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Obsession

The heart doesn’t heed
O what a creed
It’s there within
Yes! It lies therein
It’s raging in my core
Keeps saying – once more
I’m trying to quieten it down
It overpowers me sore
The flames are dazzling
O the urge is sizzling
Can’t help it now that I’m sinking in it.
It’s all spinning and twirling
Right down to my soul.
Stable I’m not, just shaken all over
Still it’s just crying for another encore
Trying to fidget, I’m trying to forget
It’s already taken root
Now I can’t fell it down
O it’s curling on my arms
It’s stretching on me all over

Uh! It’s constricting me
Oh! Now pulling apart
From where did you come,
O from where, which breed?
These flames I’m trying to douse
Now they’re creeping to my eyes
They’ve grown heavy and sunken
I can’t see for miles.
The red river is rushing
Its streams are gushing
They’re flowing above gravity
To my head, in insanity
I’m about to fall,
Save me before the end
The blue death is lurking
Trying to plunge into the white road.
Tell me why you came,
Your objective and your aim
Why you hinder me and hold
Don’t allow me to behold
That’s what, exactly why –
The heart doesn’t heed
Why it’s a creed
Because it’s my absolute need
That’s what I’m pursuing –
My aim, my mission
And that’s how it feels

To be struck by obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kumbalangi Nights: Empowering men to step away from the masquerade of masculinity

Amidst the cries of #MeToo and debates on ambiguous forms of feminism,  Kumbalangi Nights  comes as a breath of fresh air that deals w...