Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Morning Walk


 This morning a most wonderful thing happened to me. It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. When I woke up in the morning and looked out at my garden…the time being around 8 and the sun had not come out fully….just a few rays streaming out….. My garden looked so white as it was covered with dew. I decided to go down and take a walk barefoot. And as I did I realized it was one of those moments when I could forget absolutely everything and there were no cares at all. One of the most enthralling and rejuvenating moments….almost a kind of meditation…a spiritual feeling seemed to overpower me. The simplicity of the pleasure relaxed me so much that I went on and on till the sun came out and the dew started evaporating. And as I walked on the ‘white’ grass, my footprints left the grass green where I had walked….just like the way it is while walking on a beach. And the dew was so cold and fresh that I felt my entire soul being cleansed……


At the end of it my feet were so cold, wet and dirty. I sat on my swing watching my feet go dry. I had never before felt so good about being dirty! (Not that I’m a cleanliness freak by nature; but yeah the habit has been ingrained subconsciously thanks to mum’s strict upbringing!) So when my mom saw me strolling like that, she made maximum use of her talent for screaming and asked me to come back (she loses her head when she sees me walking barefoot!!)….I just looked at her and sighed…tsk-tsking at what she was missing…….. J


(written on a spring morning sometime in 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kumbalangi Nights: Empowering men to step away from the masquerade of masculinity

Amidst the cries of #MeToo and debates on ambiguous forms of feminism,  Kumbalangi Nights  comes as a breath of fresh air that deals w...